HOW TO REMOVE HIDDEN NETWORK ADAPTER IN YOUR PC
when you trying to set the ip address in your network adapter, you may get the following error messege,
The IP address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX you have entered for this network adapter is already assigned to another adapter Name of adapter. Name of adapter is hidden from the network and Dial-up Connections folder because it is not physically in the computer or is a legacy adapter that is not working. If the same address is assigned to both adapters and they become active, only one of them will use this address. This may result in incorrect system configuration. Do you want to enter a different IP address for this adapter in the list of IP addresses in the advanced dialog box?
A network adapter with the same IP address is in the registry but is hidden in Device Manager. This can occur when you move a network card from one PCI slot to another PCI slot.
1. Click start=>Run=>type CMD and then press enter
2. Type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and then press enter.
3. Type start devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
4. Click view, and then click show hidden devices.
5. Expand the network Adapters tree.
6. Right click the dimmed network adapter(like hidden adapter), then click uninstall.
Posted @ Saturday, October 15, 2011 1:50 AM by Allison Bryde
Just want to know how to fix or reconnect again to my 3rd party dial up?