Now, SharePoint 2010 coming with a new gallery for themes. We can view that theme gallery on the following url,
Now we can upload and store the themes to Themes gallery. The themes in this gallery can be used by this site or any of its sub sites.
To apply the theme for SharePoint site, follow the steps given below,
1. Home –> Site Actions –> Site Settings
2. Under Site Settings page search for the link named and click “Site Themes” under the “Look and Feel Category”
3. Site Theme page list out the themes available in Themes gallery and the styles available in that theme.
4. We can also customize the colors of the theme by modifying the color, those are list out in “Customizing Theme” category.
5. Preview button will be available on this page to view the modified theme. The url for the preview page is,
name to Theme Name.
6. Click OK to apply the theme to SharePoint site.
The Predefined themes available on SharePoint 2010 are,
Default (no theme)