The Social Engagement tool is a fantastic social interaction tool for sales, marketing and customer service professionals who want to proactively engage with their audience and customers on social media. It collects data from various sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube and relevant blogs. The visual reports help you spot emerging trends from people’s comments, whether positive, negative, or neutral. It can even read emoticons and emoji’s =)
Why Social Engagement?
Every business needs to build their brand presence and reputation in the market and to create that social media is a very good platform. There are stand-alone tools out there to help analyze your activity against success measures and objectives. They look at metrics such as clicks, shares, likes, most popular posts and so on. Ideally, you’d use a tool that maximizes existing activities to boost ROI by:
- analyzing trends in customer sentiment
- improving existing product lines or creating new products and services
- creating sales lead in your Dynamics 365 system
- automatically creating support cases for any complaints posted online
social engagement tool gives all the above features to analyze data and take proper action on it.
To collect that information from various sources user, must set up the search topics inside the search setup section. At least one active search topic is required to acquire social data. There are different categories present in the search setup like competitor, accounts, contact, lead, campaign, & products. the user can also add their own category. Search topic gives the filtered data related to sources and different rules which user provide to it.
Steps involved to set up Search Topic:
1. Find out the sources
Social Engagement covers multiple sources where you can track public posts, and publish messages and replies. All sources can be filtered in Analytics for an up-close look at your data. Find out what is covered by using the following available sources.
2. Create Search topics
You can add search topic names that contain up to 35 characters. The search topic names are only for your reference; they aren’t included in the actual search. Search topic names are like titles for your search topics so you can quickly relate to and use or reuse them.
1. Add a rule to the search topic
Social Engagement supports the following search rules. You need to be a Social Engagement Administrator or Power Analyst to create or modify search topics.
a. Keyword rule
b. Facebook page rule
c. Twitter rule
d. Instagram rule
e. Private message rule
f. Custom sources rule
g. YouTube rule
h. LinkedIn page rule
2. Refine your search rules to find relevant content
Analyze your results and optimize your search queries regularly to make sure you get the most relevant data. Your searches may return posts that are irrelevant in the context you are looking for.
3. Manage your post quota
Keep track of the number of posts that result from your search topics and count toward your solution’s post quota. Your solution is priced based on the number of posts you can acquire per month.
These are the steps which help a user to setup search topic and engage with your customer.
Advantages of Social Engagement Tool
- A major advantage is this tool is the part of Dynamics 365 and it allows us to create lead or cases directly from social posts
- Collect all relevant data from various social sources like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- We can track competitor’s social activities
- What is being shared and communicated by whom, and when?
- We can find who is the big influencer in our industry
- We can engage with our customers, fans & Critics through social media
And many more……