One of the best features of Dynamics 365 is its portability. With administrator support, users can access work from anywhere with smartphone and tablet options, making it an ideal platform for an increasingly mobile world.
The Advantages of the Dynamics 365 Mobile Platform
Today’s employees are connected, working in offices, on job sites, from home, and on the road. By implementing the Dynamics 365 mobile platform, users have the ability to do their work wherever they need to be. This is particularly important for people in the following situations:
- Sales professionals who need the ability to create quotes or proposals during off-site client meetings
- Remote workers who need access from their preferred devices
- Employees who travel frequently for business and need to check in from smartphones or tablets on the road
- Executives who need to stay connected at all times
Working with Your Administrator to Set Up Dynamics 365 for Mobile
Setting up Dynamics 365 for phones and tablets requires administrator assistance to configure the correct privileges for your account. You should work with an admin before attempting to set up your Dynamics 365 platform on mobile. Then follow the steps below:
- Make sure you have a supported device. You can view Microsoft’s list of supported devices here.
- Install the app from your preferred app store. There are options for phones and tablets on Android, Apple, and Windows devices.
- Once you have sufficient privileges from your administrator to access Dynamics 365, you may need to work with him or her to gain the level of security access you need for your work. Customer Data is limited based on security and entity settings.
What Administrators Need to Know About Customization Options for Mobile Dynamics 365
The ability to design once and deploy everywhere is a big advantage with Dynamics 365. Customizations to the main Dynamics 365 platform are automatically optimized and then applied to mobile apps for convenient functionality. The following are additional customizations for mobile:
- Form customizations: Forms are already optimized for the mobile user experience, but additional customizations can be made to eliminate fields, sections, or entire tabs to allow users to focus on the most relevant data (for instance, the contact’s primary information).
- Entity customizations: All custom entities can be enabled on Dynamics 365 for phones and tablets.
- Visual controls customization: Users can enter data faster using visual controls in Dynamics 365 for mobile devices. Sliders, switches, star ratings, video embedding, and calendar controls are all available options that can create a sleeker experience.
Whether you’re a Dynamics 365 user or administrator, getting comfortable with Dynamics 365 mobile functionality is an important way to help your company take the next step in CRM optimization. To learn more about Dynamics 365 and implementing mobile options as part of your digital transformation, contact us today